Petroleum engineers are responsible for tasks such as developing a strategy and overseeing the technical elements of identifying and extracting petroleum or natural gas from the earth. They also assist in the preparation of operation and project cost estimates and production schedules, as well as the reporting of progress, production, and expenses in comparison to budget.
Petroleum Engineer ANZSCO 233612
Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority
EA( Engineers Australia)/ AIM
Give us a call at +61 483 914 303
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 2336
A Petroleum Engineer’s work is to design and oversee the engineering elements of identifying and extracting minerals, petroleum, and natural gas from the soil.
On the Occupation Lists
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored
- 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Occupation List
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
Not on the Occupation Lists
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in (writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Selecting the most appropriate techniques of ore extraction while taking into consideration elements such as overburden depth, deposit attitude and physical properties, and neighboring strata
- Planning and directing labor and equipment used in accordance with efficiency objectives, legislation, safety requirements, and environmental circumstances
- Creating operation and project cost estimates and production schedules, as well as reporting on progress, production, and expenses about budget
- Creating tunnel and chamber layouts, mine shaft selection and construction, mine development planning, and application of appropriate mining processes, typically utilizing computer modelling
- Preliminary investigations of mineral, petroleum, and natural gas deposits with prospectors, geologists, geophysicists, other mineral scientists, and engineers to determine the resources present, the viability of extracting the reserves, and the design and development of the extraction process
- Developing strategies to limit the flow of oil and gas from wells
- Choosing on derrick and equipment types, including seabed platforms
- Deciding on a drilling location
- Evaluating the natural, technical, financial, and safety hazards involved with the project's development, construction, and operation phases
- Establishing the safety of processes, the sequence of extraction, and the safety of mine walls, assessing the danger of slippage, and advising on slippage and rockfall prevention
- Planning and performing research, as well as offering to engineer advise on petroleum and natural gas exploration, location, and extraction
Petroleum Engineers Australian visa options
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||186 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Petroleum Engineer||233612||Engineers Australia|
|Visa processing times-months(75%)||9||9||-||10||17|
|Visa processing times-months(90%)||12||12||-||15||19|
|11/08/2020 (current)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Number of total invitations||110||90|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||06/2020|
|14/07/2020 (Previous)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||05/2020|
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement