The Chief Information Officer plans, organize, directs, supervises, and coordinates an organization’s ICT strategies, plans, and operations to ensure that the ICT infrastructure supports the overall operations and priorities of the business.
Chief Information Officer ANZSCO 135111
Level 1 or Equivalent
Chief Technology Officer
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Give us a call at +61 483 901 154
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 1351
The Chief Information Officer’s role is to plan, manage, lead, control, and coordinate the organization’s acquisition, development, maintenance, and usage of computer and communications systems.
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Analyzing information requirements and designing technology to satisfy those requirements.
- In charge of overseeing the security of ICT systems.
- Managing ICT operations and establishing priorities among system development, maintenance, and operations.
- Creating and coordinating ICT strategies, policies, and plans.
- Directing the selection and installation of information technology resources, as well as the provision of user training.
Chief Information Officer
Occupation Lists and Related Core ICT Units
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the leader of an organization’s Information Technology (IT) department and normally reports to the CEO. They provide firms with the vision to use information technology as a competitive advantage. Following are the occupation lists and related core ICT units:
On the Occupation Lists
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
Not on the Occupation Lists
- Labour Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
Related Core ICT Units
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Critical Path Method
- Enterprise Architecture – (Enterprise Resource Management, Emerging Technologies)
- ICT Strategy
- System Integration
- Business Intelligence
- Information System Security
- Business Information Systems
- Business Process Reengineering
- Project Management
- Information Systems Management
- Business System Planning
- Management Information Systems
- Project Planning
- Systems Acquisition – (eg: Resource Management)
- Information System Risk Management
- ICT Management
Additional Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Database Design
- Algorithm Design (Algorithm Development)
- Database Implementation
- Expert Systems
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object-Oriented Database)
- Automata Theory
- Software Validation – (Software Testing, Testing strategies and methods)
- Computer Science
- File Processing
- Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)
- Software Engineering
- Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Artificial intelligence
- Information Systems
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement