Can you get a PR Visa Australia when moving to Australia?
In recent years, Australia has become a popular destination for people looking to live and work abroad. One big reason is that there are plenty of good-paying jobs, especially for skilled workers, and the minimum wage is high for PR Visa Australia, making it an attractive choice for job seekers compared to many European countries.
Australia is a popular place to move to because it has good job opportunities, a strong economy, diverse communities, clean air, and modern facilities. This blog will explain the benefits of Australian Permanent Residency (PR), how to get a PR Visa and the things you need to do to qualify.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Australian Permanent Residency
Many people from different parts of the world, such as India, want to get an Australian Permanent Residency (PR) because it offers lots of benefits. Let’s get into these advantages in simpler terms:
1. Extended Stay in Australia
Once you get a valid PR visa in Australia, you can travel in and out of Australia as you please. You can visit other countries and return to Australia without a visa. Moreover, you can even travel to New Zealand without a visa.
2. Path to Australian Citizenship
Becoming a permanent resident is often the first step toward becoming a full Australian citizen. As a permanent resident, you can apply for Australian citizenship, granting you access to all its rights and advantages.
3. Access to Public Education
As an Australian permanent resident, your kids can go to public primary and high schools, like citizens, so that they can get a good education.
4. Healthcare and Legal Benefits
People with a PR Visa in Australia get the same healthcare and legal benefits as Australian citizens. This means you can use medical services at lower costs and have the same legal rights and protections.
5. Sponsor Family Members
If you have Australian PR, you can bring some family members from your home country to live in Australia, but there are rules to follow. Your family members must meet certain requirements, and you need to promise to take care of them while they’re in Australia.
6. Employment Opportunities
If you have a PR visa in Australia, you can seek jobs in the overseas consult or help department, providing you with more employment choices.
7. Access to New Zealand
With PR Visa Australia, you can study, work, and travel in New Zealand. But you can enjoy this privilege only after getting approval from the New Zealand government.
8. Automatic Citizenship for Children
If your parents have Australian PR and you were born in Australia, you become an Australian citizen from the start. This means you get all the good things that come with being an Australian citizen.
Learn More: How effectively write and lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI)? 🧑🏽✈️🏆
How to Get an Australian Permanent Residency?
To become a permanent resident in Australia, you must understand the different visa options available. There are various pathways to PR Visa Australia, and choosing the right one depends on your circumstances and goals. Let’s explore the primary ways to get a PR Visa in Australia:
1. Skilled Migration Visas (Subclass 189 and 190): These are some of the most popular routes to PR Visa Australia. The Subclass 189 visa falls under the Skilled Independent Visa category, while the Subclass 190 visa is part of the Skilled Nominated Visa category.
2. Family-Based Visas: If you have eligible family members who are Australian citizens or permanent residents, they may be able to sponsor you for family-based visas, such as Partner Visas (Subclass 820 and Subclass 801).
3. Business and Investment Visas: If you’re a business owner or investor, several visa subclasses offer pathways to permanent residency, including Subclass 188 (Business Innovation and Investment Visa) and Subclass 132 (Business Talent Visa).
4. Employer-Sponsored Visas: These visas are suitable for individuals with a job offer from an Australian employer. Examples include Subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme) and Subclass 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa).
Application steps for Australian Permanent Residency
Getting an Australian Permanent Residency might seem complicated, but knowing the steps can make it easier. Here’s a simplified overview of how to apply for PR in Australia:
1. Choose the Right Visa Category: The first crucial step is to select the appropriate PR visa Australia category that aligns with your goals and eligibility. Your visa type will determine your rights and obligations in Australia.
2. Collect the Necessary Documents: Each visa category has specific document requirements. Gathering all the necessary documents, including educational certificates, travel records, and an English Language Skills Test Result (IELTS), is essential to prove your language skills.
3. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): You need to present an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect, an online platform that collects EOIs and processes visa requests. The EOI is a critical step, as it helps the Australian authorities assess your eligibility for permanent residency.
4. Wait for an Invitation: After submitting your EOI, you’ll need to wait for an invitation from the Australian immigration authority. The invitation will specify the type of visa you are eligible to apply for.
5. Submit Your Application: Once you receive an invitation, it’s essential to act. Submit all the required supporting documents along with your application form.
Remember that you need to give accurate information and submit your documents within 60 days of getting your invitation.
Recognize that the visa application process combines online and offline activities. Before you apply for a PR Visa in Australia, make sure you get to know the vital requirements of Australian immigration.
Australian Permanent Residency Requirements
To qualify for Australian Permanent Residency, you must meet specific requirements set by the Australian Immigration Authority. These requirements are essential for immigrants from India and other countries. The key requirements include:
1. Proper Documentation
You must provide essential documents such as education certificates, travel records, and an English Language Skill Test Result (IELTS).
2. Choosing the Visa Type
Depending on your circumstances, you must choose between a non-sponsored visa or a state-nominated visa. The choice will impact the PR visa Australia subclass you apply for. For instance, Subclass 189 and Subclass 190 are famous for skilled workers.
3. SOL Step
Once you’ve chosen your visa type, you’ll need to select your preferred occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). The choice depends on whether you’re applying for a non-sponsored visa (Subclass 189) or a state-nominated visa (Subclass 190).
4. Submission of EOI
After making these initial decisions, you must submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect. This online platform requires you to provide detailed information about your profile. Key factors include your age, educational qualifications, work experience, and English language communication skills. Each of these factors carries a specific point value, and the score required for a PR visa in Australia is 65, per the latest immigration PR revisions.
5. Health and Character Requisites
When thinking about moving to Australia, it’s vital to make sure you are in good physical health and have a clean record. After going through character verification, you’ll have to give medical certificates from a doctor and a character certificate.
Learn More: Australian Visa Options for Qualified Electrical Engineers 🧑🏽✈️🏆
Criteria for Australian Permanent Residency
Becoming a permanent resident in Australia is achievable if you meet specific criteria and get the required points. The criteria are as follows:
1. Age: Applicants must be below 45 when applying for the Australian immigration visa.
2. Minimum Points: You need to secure a score of at least 65 points. Your age, educational qualifications, work experience, and English language skills contribute to your point total.
3. Health and Character: Applicants should not have significant health issues or criminal records. Meeting health and character requirements is essential for a successful PR Visa Australia application.
4. No Outstanding Debts: It’s essential to ensure that you don’t have any outstanding debts or loans in your name. This process can affect your eligibility for PR Visa Australia.
5. Accurate Documentation
You must provide identity and relationship status proofs for your family members, without any mistakes, if they are coming with you.
Australian Immigration Rules for Permanent Residency
Understanding Australian immigration rules is crucial for a successful PR application. The Australian government uses a point-based immigration system to determine PR eligibility. This system awards points based on age, educational qualifications, work experience, and English language skills.
Getting more points can speed up the process of moving to Australia. If you have only 65 points, it might take a year for your PR visa to process. But if you score 70 points, you might get an invitation within 5 to 6 months, and if you have 75 points, you could get an invitation in a month.
Furthermore, when you apply for Australian PR from India or your home country, you must choose an occupation from Australia’s Consolidated Skill Occupation List (CSOL). Your application will also undergo a thorough skill assessment.
For family migration to Australia, everyone must have good English language skills. If family members don’t meet the English skill standards, you may need to pay an extra visa fee for their final visa approval for immigration to Australia.
Learn More: High-paying IT and ICT jobs in Australia: Your Gateway to Success 🧑🏽✈️🏆
Immigration Points Calculator for PR Visa Australia
When you apply for an immigration PR Visa in Australia, you need to know about the Points Calculator on the official website. This tool lets you check if you meet the requirements for an Australian PR application.
The Points Calculator gives you different points based on factors in the SkillSelect online immigration platform, with both the least and greatest points for each factor:
1. Age: Visa applicants between 18 and 20 receive the highest score of 25 points, while those between 40 and 44 years receive at least 15 points.
2. Language Proficiency: The points awarded for English language skills is 20. They calculate this score by evaluating your speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills.
3. Skilled Employment (Outside Australia): Visa applicants with more than eight years of work experience outside Australia can earn the greatest score assigned, which is 20 points. Experience below three years fails to score any points in this category.
4. Skilled Employment (In Australia): Experienced workers with over eight years of work history can earn a top score of 20 points in this category. Yet, individuals with less than a year of work experience in their field do not receive any points in this particular category.
5. Education Level: Applicants who hold a Doctorate from an educational institution in Australia or from a reputable educational institute outside Australia receive the highest score of 20 points. For Bachelor’s or Master’s degree holders, the score awarded is 15 points. Diplomas or trade qualifications completed in an Australian institute fetch 10 points.
Furthermore, the assessing authority responsible for reviewing skilled occupation visas can award an extra 10 points for recognizing an award or qualification. Additionally, you can explore various opportunities to collect more points. Immigration agents can help you convert your temporary visa into a permanent residency visa in Australia.
Learn More: ACS Processing Time for RPL Report⌛️⏱
Some individuals apply for a subclass 482 visa, often sponsored by an Australian employer, allowing them to stay and work in Australia for up to 4 years. This visa can transition into permanent residency through various pathways, including:
1. Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS): This consists of the Temporary Residence Transition Stream and the Direct Entry Stream.
2. Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS): Like RSMS, this scheme has two streams, which are like RSMS.
3. Skilled Migration Scheme: Skilled workers who meet specific criteria can apply for permanent residency through this scheme.
4. Partner of an Australian Resident: If you are the spouse or partner of an Australian permanent resident or citizen, you could qualify for a permanent residency visa.
Consulting with experts can help you find the best and quickest path to permanent residency in Australia.
Guaranteed Positive Skills Assessment!
Get High-Quality CDR at an Affordable Price
Many people worldwide aim to become permanent residents in Australia. To achieve this goal, it’s vital to grasp the application process, fulfill requirements, and get enough points. Australia’s adaptable immigration system, robust economy, and diverse opportunities position it as a top choice for those pursuing permanent residency.
Considering PR Visa Australia options is a smart move if you want a better life, good job opportunities, or a taste of a new culture. Remember to consult experienced immigration experts like CDRReportWriters and follow Australia’s rules from the Migration Skills Assessment booklet to make your dream of becoming a permanent resident a reality.