Civil engineers plan, design, and organize projects, as well as supervise the building and operation of dams, bridges, pipelines, gas and water supply schemes, sewage systems, airports, and other civil engineering projects. It is possible that registration or licensing will be required.
Civil Engineer ANZSCO 233211
Skills Assessment Authority
Civil Engineering Assistant
Civil Laboratory Technician
Geotechnical Laboratory Technician
Give us a call at +61 483 901 154
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 2332
Civil Engineering Professionals are responsible for designing, planning, organizing, and supervising the construction of civil engineering projects such as dams, bridges, pipelines, gas and water supply schemes, sewerage systems, roads, airports, and other structures. Other professions in unit group 2332 include 233212 Geotechnical Engineer, 233213 Quantity Surveyor, 233214 Structural Engineer, 233215 Transport Engineer
On the Occupation Lists
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored
- 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Occupation List
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
Not on the Occupation Lists
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 2), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in (writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Coordinating and directing on-site personnel and the transportation of building supplies, plant, and equipment, as well as developing comprehensive strategies for site activity coordination
- Deciding on building techniques, materials, and quality standards, as well as writing and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction processes, and procedures
- Monitoring design modifications, determining cost consequences, and quantifying, valuing, and negotiating design variants
- Examining architectural and technical drawings and requirements to estimate overall costs and generating comprehensive cost plans and estimates as budgetary control tools
- Gathering soil and rock samples at various depths across sites and testing samples to assess strength, compressibility, and other characteristics that impact soil and rock behavior when a structure is applied, and calculating the safe loading for the soil
- Structural system analysis for both static and dynamic stresses
- Constructing buildings to prevent them from collapsing, bending, twisting, or vibrating in unfavorable ways
- Constructing the physical components of transportation systems such as highways, railways, urban transit, air transportation, logistical supply networks, and terminals
- Evaluating current and future transport flow patterns in light of population growth and requirement change
Civil Engineers Australian visa options
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||186 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Civil Engineer||233211||Engineers Australia|
|Visa processing times-months(75%)||9||9||-||10||17|
|Visa processing times-months(90%)||12||12||-||15||19|
|11/08/2020 (current)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Number of total invitations||110||90|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||06/2020|
|14/07/2020 (Previous)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||05/2020|
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement