Electrical Engineering Technical Officer is an alternate title for Electrical Engineering Technician. In support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists, they perform tasks such as conducting electrical system tests, generating charts and tabulations, and assisting in cost estimation. They also check for conformity with standards and rules in the designs and produced items.
Electrical Engineering Technician ANZSCO 312312
Electrical Engineering Laboratory Technician
Electrical Instrument Technician
Skills Assessment Authority
EA( Engineers Australia)/ AIM
Give us a call at +61 483 914 303
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 3123
Electrical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
Electrical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians aid in the research, design, production, assembly, building, operation, and maintenance of electrical engineering equipment, facilities, and distribution systems.
On the other hand, to address the deficit incompetent workforce in its territory, Australia is highly hospitable to qualified professionals, businesses, investors, skilled workers, and international students for higher studies. Australia Skills Immigration Recognition has also compiled a list of all the vital and specialized vocations that are in great demand. As an applicant, you can apply for an Australian migration visa for any of the occupations on the list. Telecommunications Engineering Professionals are responsible to design, construct, install, servicing, and supporting telecommunications equipment, systems, and facilities.
On the Occupation Lists
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored
- 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Occupation List
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
Not on the Occupation Lists
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
The majority of vocations in this unit group have a skill level that corresponds to their credentials and experience. The AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma, or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) is required in Australia, whereas the NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) is required in New Zealand. At least three years of relevant experience may be substituted for the above-mentioned official credentials.In some cases, in addition to the official qualification, appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in (writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
- Australian Graduate exceptions apply in some states/territories
- Priority Skilled Lists may apply a specific requirement in some states
- Countries exempt from submitting IELTS or OET include the UK; Canada; New Zealand; US; and Ireland Where mandatory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English either sufficient to meet licensing / registration or a minimum IELTS, or equivalent, whichever is higher.
Work Description for Electrical Engineer Technician
Electrical engineering technicians conduct tests of electrical systems, prepares charts and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.. To work as a Electrical Engineer Technician, you normally require a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in engineering with a major in Electrical engineering.
Responsibilities and Tasks of Telecommunications Field Engineers
- Aiding electrical engineers and engineering technologists with the design and layout of electrical circuits and installations on substations, switchgear, cabling systems, and motor control systems.
- Calculating the prices and quantities of materials.
- Producing electrical installation and circuits drawings, plans, and schematics.
- Evaluating designs and completed goods for requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Data collection, testing and sophisticated computations, graphing outcomes, and chart and tabulation preparation.
Required Skill Level for Electrical Engineering Technician
If you are planning to apply for immigration under the occupation of Electrical Engineering Technician, it is not mandatory to have an exceptional academic qualification. If you have professional experience of at least three years or more in the occupation, it would be considered as equivalent to the bachelor degree. However, in some cases, higher academic qualifications might be required according to ANZSCO Skill Level 1.
This skill level is similar for both Australia and New Zealand standard classification of occupations. However, these skill sets are different from those which are to be assessed by skill assessing authorities. Therefore, you need to verify with the concerned assessing authority before you complete the formalities regarding application submission.
Are you Eligible?
There are various programs under which you can be eligible for a skilled migration program. Some of these programs are:
- Skill Select (Point Based Skilled Migration Visa)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Temporary Business (Long Stay)
- Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)
You should understand that not every profession requires skill assessment. However, if your profession requires it, the assessing authorities will be different depending on your profession. Hence, you need to find out which skill authority is handling your occupation. In the case of the Telecommunications Engineering Professionals, your assessing authority is Engineers Australia.
Telecommunications Field Engineer Australian visa options
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||186 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Electrical Engineering Technician||312312||Engineers Australia|
|Visa processing times-months(75%)||9||9||-||10||17|
|Visa processing times-months(90%)||12||12||-||15||19|
|11/08/2020 (current)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Number of total invitations||110||90|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||06/2020|
|14/07/2020 (Previous)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||05/2020|
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement