The engineering manager’s responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing, managing, and coordinating an organization’s engineering and technical activities. They are in charge of determining, executing, and monitoring the organization’s engineering strategies, policies, and plans. They also assist in the interpretation of plans, drawings, and specifications, as well as offering engineering processes and procedures to meet construction and production goals.
Engineering Manager ANZSCO 133211
Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority
EA( Engineers Australia)/ AIM
Give us a call at +61 483 901 154
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 1332
Australia has a diverse selection of educational institutions as well as well-developed infrastructure. Furthermore, when compared to poorer countries, Australia has a superior quality of life. As a result, highly skilled professionals from most developing countries prefer to relocate to Australia for a higher quality of life and to take advantage of the prosperity and opulence, as well as to further their careers.
On the other hand, to address the deficit in competent workforce in its territory, Australia is highly hospitable to qualified professionals, businesses, investors, skilled workers, and international students for higher studies. Australia Skills Immigration Recognition has also compiled a list of all the vital and specialized vocations that are in great demand. As an applicant, you can apply for an Australian migration visa for any of the occupations on the list. Engineering managers in Australia are responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and coordinating an organization’s engineering and technical activities.
On the Occupation Lists
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored
- 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Occupation List
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
Not on the Occupation Lists
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections;
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12 R:13 W:21 S:23 overall L93);
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
Work Description for Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager, you will perform tasks like making a plan, organizing, directing, controlling, and coordinating the engineering and technical operations of organizations. They perform tasks like determining, implementing, and monitoring engineering strategies, policies, and plans of the organization. They also help in interpreting plans, drawings, and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks of Engineering Managers
- Determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans.
- Interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements.
- Ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards.
- Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- Overseeing maintenance requirements to optimize efficiency.
- May contribute to research and development projects.
- Establishing project schedules and budgets.
Required Skill Level for Engineering Manager Migration
If you are planning to apply for immigration under the occupation of Engineering Manager, it is not mandatory to have an exceptional academic qualification. If you have professional experience of five years of more in the occupation, it would be considered as equivalent to the bachelor degree. However, in some cases, higher academic qualifications might be required according to ANZSCO Skill Level 1.
This skill level is similar for both Australia and New Zealand standard classification of occupations. However, these skill sets are different from those which are to be assessed by skill assessing authorities. Therefore, you need to verify with the concerned assessing authority before you complete the formalities regarding application submission.
Are you Eligible?
There are various programs under which you can be eligible for a skilled migration program. Some of these programs are:
- Skill Select (Point Based Skilled Migration Visa)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Temporary Business (Long Stay)
- Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)
You should understand that not every profession requires skill assessment. However, if your profession requires it, the assessing authorities will be different depending on your profession. Hence, you need to find out which skill authority is handling your occupation. In the case of the Engineering Manager, your Migration Skills Assessment assessing authority is Engineers Australia.
Engineering Manager Australian visa options
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||186 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Engineering Manager||133211||Engineers Australia/AIM|
|Visa processing times-months(75%)||9||9||-||10||17|
|Visa processing times-months(90%)||12||12||-||15||19|
|11/08/2020 (current)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Number of total invitations||110||90|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||06/2020|
|14/07/2020 (Previous)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||05/2020|
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement