Materials engineers investigates the characteristics of metals, ceramics, polymers, and other materials, as well as their technical and commercial uses, and evaluates and develops them.
Materials Engineer ANZSCO 233112
Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority
EA( Engineers Australia)
Give us a call at +61 483 901 154
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 2331
Materials Engineers design and prepare specifications for chemical process systems, as well as the construction and operation of commercial-scale chemical plants. They also supervise industrial processing and fabrication of products undergoing physical and chemical change, and they investigate the properties of metals, ceramics, polymers, and other materials, as well as assess and develop their engineering and commercial applications. Another occupation in the 2331 unit group is 233111 Chemical Engineer.
On the Occupation Lists
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored
- 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Occupation List
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
Not on the Occupation Lists
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in (writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Monitoring equipment operation and maintenance to ensure optimal efficiency under safe operating conditions
- Designing chemical process systems and developing control systems for processes such as removing and separating components, effecting chemical changes, testing and evaluating fuels, transferring heat, and controlling the storage and handling of solids, liquids, and gases
- Speaking with material manufacturers, such as metals, ceramics, polymers, cement types, and elastomers, during the discovery and assessment of materials appropriate for specific product applications
- Identifying and correcting flaws in chemical plants researching product utilization and pollution control issues
- Planning and carrying out laboratory activities to create new materials and fabrication techniques for new materials in order to meet manufacturing cost and performance specifications
- Assessing new product concepts and proposing material choices
- Suggestions based on design standards and characteristics such as weight, strength, and cost
- Ensuring that the proper materials and equipment are utilized and that they meet standards
- Assessing product failure data and conducting laboratory testing to establish or reject potential reasons, as well as advise on how to resolve any issues
Materials Engineers Australian visa options
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||186 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Materials Engineer||233112||Engineers Australia|
|Visa processing times-months(75%)||9||9||-||10||17|
|Visa processing times-months(90%)||12||12||-||15||19|
|11/08/2020 (current)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Number of total invitations||110||90|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||06/2020|
|14/07/2020 (Previous)||189 Visa||491 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Visa date of effect||07/2020||05/2020|
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement