Computer Network and Systems Engineer plan, develop, deploy, test, and optimize network and system services, as well as take responsibility for configuration management and overall operational readiness of network systems, particularly in environments with multiple operating systems and configurations, and provide troubleshooting and fault-finding services for network problems. Computer Network and Systems Engineers work on the design, installation, repair, and maintenance of computers and related equipment.
Computer Network and Systems Engineer ANZSCO 263111
Level 1 or Equivalent
Computer Network Engineer
Computer Systems Integrator
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Give us a call at +61 488 838 789/+61 488 857 276
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 2631
Computer Network Professionals
Computer Network and System Engineer’s job is to research, analyze, and recommend network architecture and development strategies, as well as to implement, manage, maintain, and configure network software and hardware, monitor and optimize performance, and troubleshoot and provide user support.
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Evaluating and suggesting network operations, as well as integrated hardware, software, communications, and operating systems.
- New and improved networks, software database applications, servers, and workstations are installed, configured, tested, maintained, and administered.
- Network traffic, activity, capacity, and consumption are all monitored to maintain network integrity and performance.
- For the design, configuration, and integration of computer systems, analyzing, designing, understanding, and assessing complex system design and architectural requirements, data models, and diagrams.
- Preparing and maintaining network inventory processes and documentation, as well as recording network problem diagnosis and resolution, network upgrades and alterations, and maintenance instructions.
- Supporting and debugging network faults and crises with specialized expertise.
- Network infrastructure research, analysis, evaluation, and monitoring to ensure networks are set up to run at peak performance.
- Providing network programming to meet the needs and requirements of certain businesses.
Computer Network and Systems Engineer
Occupation Lists and Related Core ICT Units
The Computer Network and Systems Engineer are in charge of network maintenance, configuration, as well as the usage of various networking materials. A computer network is basically a grouping of computers and other associated equipment that is linked together in order to interact and exchange information. To construct an effective and dependable computer network, careful planning is required. Following are the occupation lists and related core ICT units:
On the Occupation Lists
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
Not on the Occupation Lists
- Labour Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
Related Core ICT Units
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Computer Network protocols
- Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Computer Network Design
- Computer Network programming
- Wireless Technologies – (Wireless Communication, Microwave Communication)
- Computer Network management
- Computer Communication
- Mobile Technologies
Additional Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Client / Server related hardware and software
- Digital circuits – (VLSI Design, Integrated Circuit Design)
- Digital Technology
- Project Management
- Digital and Signal Processing
- Peripherals and Interfacing
- Network Component Technologies
- Microwave Technology
- Satellite Communications
- Computer Logic Design
- Network Security
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Optical Communication Technology
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Organization
- Assembler Languages – (Assembler Programming)
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement