Multimedia Specialists use web programming, scripting, authoring, content management, and file transfer software to create data and content for information kiosks, multimedia presentations, websites, mobile telephone resources, electronic gaming environments, e-commerce, and e-security solutions, and entertainment and education products.
Multimedia Specialist ANZSCO 261211
Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Electronic Game Developer
Give us a call at +61 483 914 303
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 2612
Multimedia Specialist and Web Developers
Multimedia Specialists are responsible for the design and construction of websites and web applications employing web programming, scripting, authoring, content management, and file transfer technologies. The key function here comprises computer graphics and animation of the audio and visual system, as well as human and computer interaction for the system’s seamless operation.
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Creating, maintaining, and supporting websites by designing, creating, and combining computer code with additional specialized inputs such as picture files, audio files, and scripting languages.
- Analyzing, building, and constructing Internet sites using a combination of artistry and creativity in software programming and scripting languages, as well as interacting with operating systems.
- Using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics, and programming languages, design and construct digital. .animations, images, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications.
- Contributing to the analysis, specification, and development of Internet strategies, web-based methodology, and development plans.
- Communicating with network professionals about web-related concerns including security and website hosting in order to regulate and enforce Internet and web server security, space allocation, user access, business continuity, website backup, and disaster recovery planning.
Occupation Lists and Related Core ICT Units
Multimedia Specialist plan, produce, and maintain websites and web applications using web programming, scripting, authoring, content management, and file transfer software, and create computer animation, audio, video, and graphic image files for multimedia presentations, games, motion pictures, CD-ROMs, information kiosks, and the web. Following are the occupation lists and related core ICT units:
On the Occupation Lists
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
Not on the Occupation Lists
- Labour Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
Related Core ICT Units
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Image and media data manipulation – (Developing Interactive Media, Games Design, Multimedia Authoring)
- Programming (e.g. Internet Programming, Java, C++, Objective C, Games Programming, AS3)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Android, iOS,Unix, Linux)
- Web Systems Design – (Interactive System Design)
- Computer Graphics & Animation – (2D Animation, 3D Animation2D, Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics)
- Human Computer Interaction – (Interface Design)
- WWW and the Internet – (Web Technologies, XML, Web Engineering, and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia and the Internet)
Additional Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Requirements gathering
- Object-oriented technologies
- Information Security
- Mobile Devices
- Object-Oriented Systems Analysis
- Object-Oriented System Design
- Multimedia / Web project
- Introduction to ICT
- Algorithm design and development
- Systems Design
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Software Engineering
- Testing strategies and methods
- Systems Analysis
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement