Software and Applications Programmer (NEC) create or design, develop, test, maintain, and document computer code in accordance with user needs, system, and technical specifications.
Software and Applications Programmer (NEC) ANZSCO 261399
Level 1 or Equivalent
No occupations have currently been identified for this residual category.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Give us a call at +61 488 838 789/+61 488 857 276
directly for immediate query and fast assessment!
Feel free to contact our friendly team of writers with any questions you have.
Unit Group: 2613
Software and Applications Programmer (NEC)
Occupations in unit group 2613 includes ANZSCO 261311 Analyst Programmer, ANZSCO 261312 Developer Programmer, ANZSCO 261313 Software Engineer, ANZSCO 261314 Software Tester, and ANZSCO 261399 Software and Applications Programmer (nec).
The majority of professions in this unit category need a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or more. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. In some cases, in addition to the official qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1), appropriate experience and/or on-the-job training may be necessary.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 in writing, listening, reading), 7 in speaking, and 7 overall.
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 12 in listening, 13 in reading, 21 in writing, 23 in speaking, and overall 93.
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 in (writing, reading, listening), 65 in speaking, and 65 overall.
Tasks to Perform
- Identifying technological limits and flaws in current systems, as well as the processes, procedures, and methodologies that go with them, Needs for system program research, consultation, analysis, and evaluation.
- The technical program, end-user documentation, and operational procedures writing, upgrading, and maintenance.
- Providing assistance, experience, and advice in the development of proposals and strategies for software design tasks such as financial evaluation and pricing for software acquisitions and updates.
- Writing and maintaining computer code in line with quality approved standards to fulfill system requirements, system designs, and technical specifications.
- To ensure that programs and applications perform to specification, testing, debugging, diagnosing, and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines, and quality standards is required.
Software and Applications Programmer (NEC)
Occupation Lists and Related Core ICT Units
The primary responsibility of a Software and Applications Programmer (NEC) is to plan, design, develop, test, maintain, and log software code in accordance with user expectations as well as framework and technical standards. Following are the occupation lists and related core ICT units:
On the Occupation Lists
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
Not on the Occupation Lists
- Labour Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
Related Core ICT Units
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Compilers – (Compiler Construction, Compiler Theory)
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Software Engineering
- Formal languages – (Formal Methods, Functional Programming)
- Data structures
- Algorithm design and development
- Testing strategies and methods
Additional Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Management Information Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Object-Oriented Technologies
- Web Engineering
- Quality Management
- Systems Analysis
- Business Process Reengineering
- Software Validation
- System Design
- Database Design
- Introduction to ICT
- Database Implementation
- Business Information Systems
- Automata Theory
- Requirements Gathering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Project Management
- Computer Science
- Introduction to BIS
Frequently Asked Question
How much time does it take for a CDR to be delivered?
What are the requirements for CDR report writing service? Do I need to submit any document?
– One Passport Size Photograph
– Bio Page of Identity Proof
– CV / Resume
– English Test Result Card
– Three Career Episodes
– Certificate of Degree
– Certified Academic Transcripts
– 3 Career Episodes
– Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
– Summary Statement